Take Charge - Mental Health eLearning Program
(Prices are AUS, includes GST)
Fitness Australia: 2.00
Fitness Australia are committed to building the fitness industry’s capacity surrounding mental health awareness. This program has been developed in partnership with the Belgravia Foundation and some of the largest and well-known organisations in the sport and leisure sector in Australia and New Zealand. This education session will strengthen the industry’s ability to normalise the conversation around mental illness.
MHeLP has been developed with guidance from the following international mental health and exercise experts:
- Dr Jeff Walkley (CEO Belgravia Foundation),
- Dr Joe Firth (University of Manchester),
- Professor Alexandra Parker (Victorian University), and
- Professor Alison Yung (Orygen, University of Melbourne)
The goal of this program is to assist your understand of the facts about mental illness and equip you with the skills and understanding to be a positive voice for your own mental health and that of your colleagues and customers.
"It's incredibly important that we develop better recognition, better understanding, and better tolerance for mental ill health".
Professor Patrick McGorry
Take Charge is about building the confidence and capacity to better support yourself and others. It's not about turning you into a psychologist!
Upon completion of this program you will be able to;
- Understand the impact of mental illness on the Australian and New Zealand populations.
- Describe the benefits that exercise has on people’s mental health
- Recognise the signs of common mental health conditions
- Understand how you can provide assistance while remaining in your scope of practice