Overcoming barriers to client pre-exercise screening
(Prices are AUS, includes GST)
Fitness Australia: 2.00
The increased emphasis on exercise leadership and the capacity to make decisions in the safe interests of clients is critical to the success of the Australian public to lead active and healthy lives.
Exercise professionals need to understand all aspects of the pre-exercise screening system including interpreting results and how to prescribe exercise appropriate to their client's capabilities and health status.
The Adult Pre-exercise Screening System can and should encourage more people to become active and hopefully enjoy the process with full confidence in the fitness industry.
This seminar includes interviews with:
- Professor Kevin Norton, who provides answers to common industry questions about the Adult Pre-exercise Screening System including interpreting results and decision making.
- Successful industry operators – Glen Eira Sports & Aquatic Centre and Healthy Balance Fitness – who discuss the practicalities of pre-exercise screening in fitness centre and outdoor training settings, as well as solutions for overcoming common barriers to client pre-exercise screening
Who should participate?
This webinar has been designed for professionals who are called upon to conduct pre-exer cise screening as a regular part of their work, as well as for business owners or managers who need to implement screening protocols or undertake staff training.
The strategies presented are also vital for fitness industry educators, who are preparing the next generation of professionals to meet national industry standards.
- Effectively interpret your client pre-exercise screening results
- Improve your confidence about which stage of the APSS to use and when, across different settings and client scenarios
- Understand when and how to refer clients at high risk
- Manage client resistance to referral
- Understand your legal obligations related to pre-exercise screening and exercise programming for new clients